Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Pixar

People say about Pixar, "they make films meant for children that adults can appreciate" and my feeling is exactly the opposite. They have made a few movies that were more expressly for kids, like Finding Nemo (which is their third highest grossing movie, because, sadly, the reason most people go to the movies anymore is for a temporary respite from their kids that doesn't require a babysitter) but three of their five top grossing movies are Toy Story 3, Inside Out, and Up, three incredibly sad movies that I can't imagine anyone under 12 could fathom. I mean, the themes are loss of innocence, loss of joy, loss of a partner. When I saw Inside Out this summer, I looked around, and every adult was crying, and all the kids were looking at them confusedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment